Professor John S.O. Evans – Chair in Inorganic/Solid State Chemistry
Welcome to my webpages.
September 2021: the University has moved staff webpages to wordpress. Please accept my apologies for any broken links and information that has been lost.
I am a Professor of Inorganic Chemistry in the Chemistry Department at the University of Durham. I was Head of Department from 2009-2014.
My principal research activities are in solid state chemistry.
This site contains a little bit of information about my research, but is mainly set up to link to our on-line Topas tutorials (several hundred in total) and for the Durham Rietveld school.
Please follow the various links to read about:
- My mini CV
- Some of my research interests
- The Durham Chemistry Department
- Topas Academic and Durham’s topas wiki at http://topas.dur.ac.uk/topaswiki
- Topas tutorials
- Installing and using jEdit
- Durham’s biennial Powder Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement School
- Links to Durham-only local pages
- Positions available in the group